01 September 2008

Complete, Oh the Joy!

1. I actually totally finished sewing something! And I adverted disaster by changing up the design and getting rid of a zipper and now it functions as a shirt...it was supposed to be a dress, but let us not dwell on that...

2. After running around in circles and getting nowhere for eight years, my father finally figured out the issue with our cell phone carrier: they think he works for corporate. Like he is a huge big wig. Alas, this is not true.

3. After getting totally leaked on the internet and Stephanie Meyer deciding to just pick up and quit, I decided not to read Midnight Sun and just read this. It was highly enjoyable, just like all the other Twilight recaps she's done. In the future, when I have a huge craving to get into Stalker Edward's head, I might settle down and read the whole thing on Meyer's website. However, currently I'm all emo-ed out.

4. I finished reading My Antonia. I thought I would hate the book, as it was a classic and I have a hard time reading classics on my own. I do not believe I have read one that was not an assigned book in my whole life in all honesty. But I read this one, and I have to day, I liked it. I'm a sucker for historical fiction to begin with, so it was easy for me to get lost in the Nebraska outback. The only thing I thought the book lacked was a tie up at the end. The title character marries some guy, pops out a load of children and cries a lot. I figured when I began the book she died. Tragically, she did not die. I believe only one guy died in the whole book. For some odd reason, I was looking for death, after being sorely disappointed at the lack of death in Breaking Dawn.

5. I totally spent four hours out in the sun and DID NOT GET SUN BURNED! I have totally conquered the sun.

6. I did watch the Democratic Convention. I do not have a lot to say about anything. It was pretty much what I expected. I did like the Cobert Report and the Daily Show's take on the whole thing. I think I have become one of those totally apathetic people in life. We'll see if the Republican Convention does anything to upset me. If it fails to do so, then I know there is something wrong with me and I must go jump off a cliff or something. This did amuse me: Assessing the Political Impact of Bristol Palin's Pregnancy. Maybe she's having issues because her name is Bristol? And what possessed the woman to name her other kid Trig? Does she have the same complex I have with having a common name? I mean, I got a lot of crap when I went through the stage I liked Cincinnati as a name...for a story character.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Erie Sarah...you liked the name Cincinnati...thats umm..nevermind...anyways...The Daily Show is awesome..Colbert is awesome too.

ireland scott said...

when you string your sentances together as such, i cannot make much sense out of it. i did like Cincinnati as a name for a CHARACTER in a STORY. I would NEVER name a child that. Unless I happen to hit my head and forget that I had said that.