16 September 2008

The End of An Era...the start of a new one?



So, today, while tooling through Google News, I found out that MTV is canceling TRL. Here were my reactions, in no particular order:

1. TRL? People still watch that?
2. TRL is still on the air? Isn't it illegal to play music videos on Music Television?
3. It is about time they threw out TRL. No one knows anything about music on MTV any more anyways. They should just stick to what they know: bad reality shows.
4. I cannot believe TRL was on for 10 years.
5. God, I am old! I remember when TRL was NEW AND EXCITING AND YOU JUST HAD TO WATCH TO FIND OUT IF N SYNC OR BACKSTREET BOYS WAS NUMBER ONE! I remember when the Carson Daly era began!
6. Best freaking headline out there. Cause, really, did anyone even know TRL was still on the air?
7. Where did Carson Daly go?
8. What the hell is FNMTV? And why does Pete Wentz get to host it? Did anyone notice he can't sing?
9. Oh, wow, FNMTV plays music videos. Does it play them in full or just in snip its like TRL did after it became uber popular.
10. God, that annoyed me about TRL. I just wanna see the videos in their full glory, not just five seconds of it. I waited all day for MTV to play music videos and now you tell me you're going to play five seconds of it? Or not all all? God, whatever.
11. I wonder what happened to that world music station that I used to watch? I used to watch Fuse, but they sold out on me like MTV and VH1 did.
12. OH MY GOD! VH1 CLASSIC PLAYS POP UP VIDEO! THEY SHOULD TOTALLY BRING BACK POP UP VIDEO!
13. Wasn't I thinking about TRL before? How did I get on Pop Up video?
14. God, I am so freaking old. I watched Pop Up Video the other day and the "new" videos were like from 1997.
15. I cannot believe TRL outlived Pop Up Video!
16. Why is MTV kidding itself that it's going to "rest" TRL? MTV doesn't play music videos. Hell, Disney Channel plays more videos than MTV does.
17. Eminem isn't dead? Wow. Where did he go? Did he run off with Carson Daly?
18. I wonder how much more life the VMAs have in them? Especially since MTV doesn't actually PLAY MUSIC VIDOES IN THEIR FULL GLORY NO MORE.
19. Wait a second....this whole FNMTV sounds a lot like the orginal TRL....
"Starting in November, new and viewer-tested videos will continue to have a home on the Pete Wentz-hosted FNMTV, featuring a pretaped combo of videos and in-studio performances, which had a successful 15-episode run on Friday nights this summer," Natalie Finn, E! Online

20. I am old. I ACTUALLY remember when MTV ACTUALLY played music. And that was ALL THEY did. I watched music videos on MTV when I was BORN.

No comments: