14 December 2010

Your Face is on a Billboard

Oh  god. What the hell happened to Decemeber? I was so organized and early and ready for it and now its like 11 days till Christmas and I still have all my cards (in envelopes, ready to go...just lacking postage). I still have all the presents in their flat rate boxes, just not packed to ship anywhere.

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to Fairbanks for a few days last week. Word of advice: Fairbanks is COLD. (Insert choice word) COLD. And kinda boring. I had heard from some people it was kinda lame in Fairbanks, but I figured I'd give it a chance, but it was pretty lame. Frozen, lame and kinda unfriendly. Pilot boy's parents are here and his step mom kept commenting she thought Alaskans were really unfriendly. I had not put much thought into it, as me myself am kinda unfriendly while out and about. But, I guess compared to what she is used to in the Midwest, us Alaskans are kinda unfriendly. (I say "us" because I'm an Alaskan with  brown eyes now.) I don't really notice when people are unfriendly verse friendly because when I'm out and about I'd rather be left alone in all honesty. But, the people of Fairbanks, were kinda not very friendly, especially at the post office. I think (with the exception of the lovely lady at the Midtown post office here) post office works are made cranky here in Alaska. I have yet to meet a friendly one (besides the Midtown lady, hence why I usually drive all the way up to Midtown to mail boxes and things that need postage.)

Well, I think that is it mostly. I haven't gotten anything done because my in laws have been here. I realized on Saturday when I attempted to keep up with Pilot boy's step mom while shopping, I wanted to scream because I suddenly realized how behind I had fallen. When they arrived at the start of December, I was a head. Now I am behind. I guess its okay that my holiday season has been so damn slow. I honestly thought by this point I'd be up to 50 sales. I'm only at 25. Blarg.

In other news, we've gone to either REI or the grocery store every day since the in-laws arrived. I am serious. I'm not sure why, but one of us has gone to one of those stores (or both) since December started. Our fridge is PACKED with left overs, which no one seems to be eating or willing to eat. I HATE leftovers. When I cook for myself, I almost never make enough for left overs because I hate left overs. They are just boring. The first night they were here, the step mom made the WHOLE BOX of newly opened angel hair pasta. No one, even she, could figure out why she did this. Then, we had stew, and Pilot boy's dad told him to mix it in with the left over pasta. And no one ate it. Its still in there. Then Pilot boy made brisket and no one ate the left overs from the night before.

I hate left overs.

Pilot boy did realize that his standards for eating out here are way too high as every place we've taken his parents, they have loved. He admitted his standards might be too high. I told him that was right. To hold all places to the standards of Charlie Gittos in St. Louis is just stupid.

Well, it is almost 10.30 and I have the whole house to myself the first time in....12 days!!!!!! Well, I have a dog with me, as no one took her with them this morning, but I am on my own! I am a total loner. Seriously. The step mom was surprised how well I do being left on my own while Pilot Boy flies around the world over and over. I told her I do not need much attention, which I do not. I've always been fine on my own for the most part. I was on my own as a child a lot (talking to myself constantly and playing with screw drivers) and as an adult, I've been on my own a lot (still talking to myself, but pretending I'm actually speaking to the dog).

Pilot Boy hates Christmas Carols. We do not get along at Christmas time because I LOVE CHRISTMAS MUSIC. Yesterday, he left the room because I was singing, "Basil Dog is coming to town." Over and Over. I add my own lyrics in. So sue me.

Oh, we had another earthquake the other day. It claimed it was only a 3 point something, but I swear it was a strong as the one we had over the summer.

2 comments:

Scott said...

So basically when people visit you, you end up going to the grocery store every day.

ireland scott said...

Yes. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why this is, as I have food in the house.