22 July 2010

Two Posts in a Day? You Better Run and Hide....

Oh! So, I start the mower up this morning (why is someone mowing their lawn at nine pm at night? I know the sun it out, but its nine pm at (add choice word) night! what if I wanted to go to bed?) and started to mow the "side yard" we have, that butts up against the Neighbor With Many Kids's yard. As I swing the mower up to head towards our fence, I see it.

The wood pile is doing its best impersonation of the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

Seriously, it was at a 45 degree angle. Some wood in the first row had failed at the impersonation and the other pieces of wood were busy mocking them by making them lay in the wet grass.

I went about my mowing, then stopped as it occurred to me the children who all congregate at the Neighbor With Many Kids's house might play over by the wood pile and it might fall on them. So I sighed and stared at the Leaning Tower of Wood and decided to just try to push it back against the house. That was when I discovered there was a thing to store a hose behind the wood pile. Confused, I spent 15 minutes pushing the top of the wood pile closer to the house. This was rather gross task as the wood was...wet from the rain, and infested with bugs. As stated earlier today, I hate bugs. And mud. But I hate bugs more than mud.

I backed up and looked at my handy work and the Leaning Tower of Wood was leaning now more.

It was misshapen, but at least it wasn't leaning at a 45 degree angle.

And then I realized I had managed to scrap my wrist so it looked like I was, well, slitting my wrist or something. Then, later, I was really smart and sprayed with perfume, so then it seared in pain.

No comments: