21 July 2010

And the Sun went Out on Me

Last night, after I finished being a geek, I got up and noticed it was "pouring" rain outside. After I informed Basil of this happening (only to discover she wasn't in the room with me and had put herself to bed), I came upstairs to work on the computer till I deemed it late enough to crawl into bed and go back to being a geek (this time by watching "Doctor Who" till I zonked out).

I came upstairs and sat down. After a few minutes I realized it was dark. I figured it was the storm. Not so much. It was actually raining very steadily, but the clouds weren't black, they were dark, but not black. I realized that the sun was setting.

THE SUN WAS SETTING?!

After I had a small freak out, I turned on the desk light, then a short while later another light, then finally the overhead light in the study and I shut the shades so no one could peek into my room. Later, when I went downstairs to eat something so I did not pass out from hunger, I had to TURN ON LIGHTS in the family room. It was almost pitch black down there. It felt so...alien to have to turn lights on. I also realized, we do not have enough lights in the family room, even if I would turn on the butt ugly brass over head spot light that shines on the fire place (the only light in the room, as who ever designed the house figured that in that room the only thing worth lighting was the fireplace, which is also ugly). I might have to buy some lights...as I am not leaving that ugly light in the kitchen on either.

What did we do when we first moved in and it got dark? Did we just sit in the dark? I seriously do not remember.

No comments: