23 July 2010

I hate my Teeth

I don't really hate them, I just hate all the trouble they have caused me over my life time. Though, I guess the main issues has nothing to do with the teeth, it is the jaw they sit in.

It is not big enough for all my teeth.

Thus, I had some 12 teeth pulled out of my mouth before I could get braces to "make room" for the new teeth. Out of these 12, only 4 were adult teeth, so I am missing four teeth. You can't tell though.

So, after the dentist ripped out all those baby teeth plus the four adult ones, I had four brackets on the only four teeth i had left in my mouth on the top. and I was just almost toothless on the bottom. I was a oddly looking beaver, as beavers have two teeth up top they stick out and I had four.

I had braces for 6 years. I was only supposed to have them two years. It was the longest period of awkwardness in my life. No one could figure out why I had braces on in the first places, as my teeth were PERFECTLY straight. I don't even know why I had them on.

After they were off every on commented on how lovely my teeth were.

Fast forward six years, my teeth are a mess. Why?

This is my mother's fault as she hated the orthodontist because he kept me there six years and was now dragging it out even longer by wanting to give me a retainer. SO after the stupid orange peel thing I had (which wasn't a retainer), she just stopped taking me, even though they had done the casts for the retainer and all that jazz (I hate casts.)

So, after I was no longer on my parents dental and had dental that did not cover adult ortho, I was told I had to get them fixed or they would drift more and I'd screw up my bite and need braces again.

So, since I am finally not going to move for three years, I told the dentist I want to do something about my ever drifting teeth, especially the top one which some day will just pop out from the look of it. Yesterday, they called and told me that the top cast hadn't been good enough for Invisaline, so they had to redo it.

The top is the worst cast to get cone. But, I went today and they had to do it THREE TIMES because of that stupid drifting tooth. It just did not want to play nicely.

Stupid teeth.

Did I tell you that I had straight teeth before I had braces? Yeah. Especially the bottoms ones which now are a manged mess.

No comments: