27 April 2010

A true Spring Day

Today, it really feels like spring. It even smells like spring out there. At about 10.30 am I let Basil Bea outside and she promptly started sunbathing on the deck. So I decided that maybe today would be a good day to go on a big walk.

I have been putting off taking Basil Bea for a long walk down the street because of the mess. It was a combination of dust, mud, melting snow, and garbage. Basil was always a dirty, wet mess when we'd get home from the short walks around the block I'd take her on. But, today I figured the snow was mostly gone, the "Spring Clean Up" has been going on for awhile now (do not get me started on how stupid it is the town has to "clean itself up" for the tourists) so I figured it'd be safe.

IT was WONDERFUL out there. The sun was bright, the garbage wasn't too bad and most of the snow along the road is gone and melted away, so Basil Bea remained dry. I totally enjoyed our walk down the road and back.

I have been thinking about buying some toning shoes to talk Basil Bea walking. I really like the idea of the Reebok ones. Maybe tomorrow or this afternoon, I'll venture to get them. I don't know. I haven't decided yet.

In other news, I still have not gotten that stupid piece of paper to reopen the shop. April is almost over. The longer it takes, the less motivated I am to do anything about it. I figured today, I'd tape the living room off and start painting it. It is a huge wall and I haven't touch it since Thursday when Basil showed up doing her impersonation of a balloon.

No comments: