03 April 2010

Coffee House Meeting

I met with other wives this past week. As part of military life, one must randomly meet with strangers to obtain information on everyday life in a new place. Usually, these sort of meetings I dread and avoid at all costs.

Before we moved, I got a call from one of the wives. We chatted. Then we emailed. Then we met for coffee. And oddly, I did not dread it. I actually looked forward to it. It was almost like I was broken or something. Recently, I have just been doing things without much thought. Moving to Alaska, check. Not getting nervous or sick on the trip, check. Randomly driving across town on my own to meet with two people I have never met before, check. It was not very awkward either, which was surprising. I felt like a fool half the time, but I have come to accept this is perfectly normal.

Anyways, we met at a Kaladi Brothers Coffee. They wanted to introduce me to this great Alaskan thing, only I had been introduced to it in the Dirt Hole of all places. Seriously, some custard shop in Del Rio brews this stuff. Anyways, we had coffee and chatted then left. Next step will be to see if I will actually go to the wife club meeting or not.

I finally called Illinois and closed my business account there. Now I have to open one in Alaska and then Ireland Scott Designs will reopen! Whoo hoo!

No comments: