20 January 2009

its a new dawn

We have a new president. And, for the first time in my life, I actually watched it happen. I kept thinking about the West Wing throughout the morning though, and kept thinking, "Man, I miss that show."

It was sort of strange watching it, as I felt like I really wasn't watching it, I was just sitting on the couch watching TV and being lazy. I rushed my gym time because I got the time wrong when the thing was going to start, so I had to do my workout at home, after doing cardio at the gym. The dog was not too fond of that.

Nor was she fond of watching the speech with me, as she chose her loudest toy to chew on while he was talking. Oh well.

When Regan gave up the reins to Bush, I was in the car with my mother driving somewhere. I remember her trying to explain what was going on, but in reality I did not care. When Bush transitioned to Clinton, I was busy having four teeth yanked out of my mouth, which was a horridly dramatic experience for me and thus has shaped my feelings towards dentist and teeth in general. When Clinton took the oath again, I have no idea where I was, more than likely being bored in school. When Bush Boy took the oath, both times, I ignored him. First time I bet I was in school and the second time I was in college and didn't like him, thus I ignored him. In reality, I ignored Bush Boy most of the time he was around if I could help it.

This was the first one I watched and all I could think about was the West Wing. I kept thinking, "Oh, this is totally like how the West Wing did it!" And I knew deep down that the West Wing was not the first to do things the way they were done, but that was what I kept thinking. And it annoyed me to no end.

I realized yesterday, that come tonight, Bush Boy and I will be residing in the same state. I know its a big state, but still. I've never been in the same state as a former president or president.

No comments: