24 January 2009

it's all about the name to be the "hero"

I was watching Lost the other night, totally paying attention to what was going on. My husband, meanwhile, was clearly not as when Kate when to call Jack, he asked, "Why is she calling Shepard?"

"Because she's scared and that is who she goes to when she's scared?" I asked, not sure why he was asking because she never did call Jack.

"Yeah, but isn't he in another galaxy? Wouldn't he be hard to reach?"

I stared at him for a moment before I realized he was talking about John Shepard of Stargate Atlantis, not Jack Sheppard of Lost.

It was then I realized the two guys have pretty much the same name. And thinking about it, they are sort of the same, two dudes who didn't want to be a hero/leader yet ended up ones. Seriously, if John Shepard had wanted glory and stuff, he wouldn't have been flying helicopters around the Antarctic. As my husband said, "There's only two types of helicoptes: one's that have crashed and ones that will."

So ends the Shepards.

No comments: