29 January 2009

The Cable Company Must DIE

Last night I turned to the local ABC channel.

It was black. It was five till eight and the channel was black. I sat there and stared at the black TV for awhile till my husband walked in and asked, "Why aren't you watching Lost?"

"I am watching Lost. This is what Time Warner thinks Lost looks like tonight."

He got down on his knees and tried to get the TV on the basic, not the digital, but still black. He went into the bedroom and discovered that channels 4-12 were all black. He came back into the living room and told me this.

"Yeah, when one of them is black, all the local channels are black," I said, still staring at the black TV.

This has happened before, where the local channels all go black. It usually happens in the morning, for a few hours or something, but in the mornings it is just sort of annoying. Last night it was HIGHLY ANNOYING because it was DURING PRIME TIME and I could not WATCH LOST. This upset me greatly and today I looked into getting a dish. There is not much choice in the dirt hole, but in all honesty, I have NEVER in my life had TV channels just go blank for hours at a time. The other annoying thing that the digital Time Warner cable does is that for unknown reasons it will freeze and skip during shows. I was trying to watch FX this afternoon and every five seconds the picture and sound will freeze and turn all to that pixel and then freeze and skip. This is annoying. A land based cable should not do this. Back before I entered the dirt hole it never did this. The dish would do this before it would go out, as in when a plane flew over or a thunder storm showed up. However, the dishes don't seem to do that here, one lack of huge planes and lack of thunderstorms.

I just have to figure out a new internet company, as I have a feeling if I cancel the cable, they'll screw me for internet. Stupid Time Warner.

On a better note, I made cranberry-strawberry bread and I put too much ginger in it. It's interesting.

No comments: