21 January 2009

I like funny TV shows. Sometimes, one just simply needs to laugh at something. This is why I began watching Sabrina the Teenage Witch when I was in college. I remember for unknown reasons I was up at 11 pm at caught it on The N and was re-hooked on the show, as I had watched it for three years while it was on TV on Friday nights. Then, high school happened and I got a life that meant I was ALWAYS on the phone, thus no time to watch TV.

After that one episode, I always watched it at 11 pm. I stayed up just to watch it. Then one night, it WAS NOT ON! CLUELESS WAS ON! Boy, was I mad. The next summer I found out it was on at five and five thirty on ABC Family, or something, so I always watched it while I worked out. It remained on that time for all of my summer break.

Then I did not watch it again until I was married. I was bored out of my mind on afternoon and channel flipping and found out that it was on at one pm. I began watching it again and was reminded just how funny the show was and it gave me a much needed burst of laughter and engery. I basically have now watched all of the seasons and have the seasons that I enjoy and the one that I could just live without (the last season.) I am not too crazy about the college seasons, but they still have the aunts in them. Once the aunts were gone, something was just totally missing.

Lately, I've added What I Like About You to the shows I watch to laugh. At first I wasn't sure what I felt about it, but I found that I wanted to know what was happening, so I began to watch. Now, I have come to realize I cannot stand Amanda Bynes character Holly. Her current boyfriend on the show, Vince, seems like a different guy now that he's going out with Holly. I am annoyed to the core by both, but I watch the show for Val, Jennie Garth's character. She is funny. I like her story lines. So, I watch that show to laugh now, as well as Sabrina.

I miss prime time shows that really get me laughing. Today everything seems to be drama and the few sitcomes that are out there I find really stupid.

Well, LOST is premiering tonight and oddly, I think I am going to watch it. I went through a peroid of time where I refused to watch the show on TV, I only could do DVD after Claire got LOST in the mail. (When she told me she was getting LOST in the mail, I laughed at her and she couldn't figure out why I was laughing at her, until she thought about it, then realized what I had thought she had meant. She was getting lost in the mail.) However, last year when they played the finale I was sitting there watching it and I wasn't sure what I was doing. Since that point in time, I've taken to watching LOST on Sci Fi on Mondays. (except last Monday, I forgot). Anyways, I am mostly caught up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It didn't take me THAT long to figure out what you were laughing about, thank you very much. :)

I felt the exact same way about "What I Like About You'! I caught on TV a few months ago, and I wanted to know what happened next, but I could not stand Holly. She kept doing one stupid selfish thing after another. But Jennie Garth was cool. :) I don't still watch it though.

Yay for Lost!!

ireland scott said...

I watch it still to get a good few laughs out of it. Still can't stand Holly. I want her to crawl into a hole and stay there and just let Val do all the show.