01 April 2011

Don't have to feel like a plastic bag

I changed the name of my blog. Why? Because I didn't like the title. I never did. I changed it on a whim after I got here and it ended up being that for over a year. And I never liked it. Plus, I don't think it really fit the content of this here blog.

This blog if random, filled with very random things because I am random. I would have called it Random Thoughts, but that was the title of my blog in college. (Well, Random Thoughts of a Relic...but whatever.)

I found my camera charger.

Guess where it was?

I bet you won't believe me when I tell you.

No, it wasn't in a drawer I had looked in all ready.

No, it was not in the downstairs pantry where we just shove things that are not food.

No, it wasn't in the sewing room in the file cabinet which doesn't open.

It was in a closet.

But not any closet I'd think it'd be in.

I found it in the walk in closet in the master bedroom.

Mixed in with my pjs.

Yeah. It was burried in the little shelf where I store all my pjs. I found it yesterday when I cleared out the closet, which was depressing. Mostly because I pulled out the shorts I bought when I lived in the Dirt Hole and just looking at them I knew I was way too large to fit into them.

When I bought them I thought I was big.

I was mostly sad because last summer they fit still...well, after I lost five pounds while Pilot Boy was off and away.

But they and a bunch of other things I will never again fit into all went into bags. I still clung to certain items...the jeans I got at Top Shop in Glasgow I refuse to part with...a few of the VS shirts I got I still seem to think I can manage to cram myself into at some point...I kept all sweaters my grandma had given me even if I hadn't worn them all winter...I kept a few work related thing that kind of don't really fit, but they might cut it in an emergency. (I cannot foresee needing work clothing for any reason, but you NEVER KNOW.)

I felt so crappy after cleaning the closet out, I sat on the couch and drank a huge class of hot water and then ate four oatmeal cookies. Then I spent the afternoon feeling even more crappy. I feel asleep like five times and woke up with a huge sinus headache. Which did not go away till this AM. I did not work out this morning, as my clock played a mean joke on me, then Pilot Boy came and left. I figure I'll do the relaxing yoga thing from Netflix this afternoon. Since I found the charger, I decided to take the pictures my dad and I had spoken about weeks ago, as I want to revamp my purse site with new pictures that are more uniform. So, since I had found the charger in the pjs, I decided to do that and then take pictures of my favorite shoes to use as a banner for my blog.

After taking the pictures, I realized my weak chin is about ten times worse than I had originally thought and from the side I look like I have a double chin now. It was horrible, so I cropped my head off right away. The lower half of my body looked fine, so it got to stay without too much cropping. (my dad suggested I model the purse to give people an idea of how it was worn and looks on a human being. Tragically, I'm the only one here to do this job. And I hate looking at pictures of myself...which is why I never did that before, as when I tried it out in the Dirt Hole, I spent more time staring at me than the purse and the pictures were trashed.) Now I just need to get these puppies on flickr and see what Dad thinks...I didn't do all the pictures I wanted, as I wanted to see if I was even doing it right and not getting a ton of blurry pics. Some of the shoe shoes I tried didn't go well. A few of the body pics the purse was blurry. Hopefully, soon, you'll see some new photos as I redo the site!

No comments: