27 April 2011

Adventures in the Kitchen

Well, I tried to make biscotti. I was going to do a whole post on it and how wonderful it was. I took pictures and everything.

Then it tasted like shit. So I threw it out.

I then made skinny red velvet cupcakes.

They also taste like crap, but not as much.

I think the culprit is the whole wheat flour, which is not white whole wheat flour. The whole wheat flour is way to strong for the recommended dosage each recipe calls for. Except for the Whole Wheat Pancakes. Those always turn out right.

Maybe next time I make those, I'll do a picture post.

*deletes all the biscotti pictures*

In other news, Maureen Johnson's Last Little Blue Envelope came out yesterday and I read it. Yesterday. I started re-reading it two hours later. Because I read it too fast to really enjoy it because I HAD TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. But it is VERY GOOD and you SHOULD READ IT NOW. (But I am a sucker for books that feature British people with Americans as well as traveling stories.)

In other news, you should buy it.

No comments: