20 October 2010

Dear GCI, I hate you

So, today, my brother came downstairs and informed me that GCI was moving to only capped plans and doing away with the unlimited plans. This upset me for various reasons, one being they never told me. I never got an email. I don't remember seeing anything in the bills they keep sending me even thought I signed up for paperless billing. So, basically, I hate them with a flaming passion. I can't even tell if they moved me to a capped plan and I can't get into my bill because the site doesn't work. I can't even log into see what useage I use because evidently the log in I use to pay my bill ISN'T WHAT YOU USE FOR THE MAIN WEBSITE. How lame is that. Even Time Warner wasn't that lame. So I tried to set up an account, but the website TIMED OUT. THIS IS SO LAME IT IS NOT EVEN FUNNY.

So, basically, what this boils down to is, I'm going to have to cancel Netflix. Why, you ask? Because I actually got Netflix to stream movies and TV shows. I didn't actually get it watch DVDs. Mostly because its kinda lame, as I only get one DVD at a time. But I thought, I can get unlimited downloads of what they offer online, this is worth the 8 bucks a month. On a daily basis, I usually watch around five or more TV episodes, and more if I am working. I watch less when Pilot Boy is home, but then we watch movies and stuff. Seeing I don't know what my cap it, but from what I've gathered tooling around Twitter and the Internet, I will no longer be able to stream what I usually do and NOT GO OVER this "new cap" they put me on. I have no idea what my usage is, and no way to figure it out because GCI is so lame. What will more than likely happen, is that I will cancel GCI, get a dish and slow ass internet and cancel Netflix. Dish is cheaper. Slow ass internet is cheaper. Netflix is only 8 bucks a month, but I won't be able to stream it in the least with slower internet. I mean, I have a pretty fast modem now and I still sometimes have issues with streaming stuff.

This was not a good way to start my day, so I strongly dislike you GCI. Before now you were the best internet/cable company I had dealt with, now, you suck.

No comments: