05 November 2009

Black Friday Sales

Would you believe it had not occurred to me that the actual holiday season was upon us? I know this is hard to believe due to the fact that even before Halloween was over, the Christmas decor began to come out. And never mind the fact I've been doing my Christmas shopping since September.

But it had not occurred to me that the actual season was upon us and that I should have a huge sale. I joined the Etsy Black Friday fan page on Facebook yesterday and have been inundated with sales announcements. I should put one out there, I know. I am still only on my 3rd sale (which happened on the day my life took a direction north). The summer sale I began at the end of July or at the start of August has done nothing. I haven't sold a single sale bag. Due to money, I can't really afford the 15 bucks to put an add on Heartomatic through Craft Cult. I hate the forums, mostly because I never have anything to say. I have tried many times to become "active" in the forums, but that usually leads to me obsessively checking the forum and nothing becoming of it other than it takes up all of my time. I hardly ever get an opportunity to hand out business cards, as no one ever asks me where I got my purse any more since I began carrying my own designs. Seriously, no one asks. Before, I always got asked where my purse was from, even once what my purse's name was (when I carried a Coach bag, the Coach bag).

I am at a loss.

So, I guess I will have a huge Black Friday sale and maybe I'll just bite the bullet. I've been tossing ideas around on what to do. Free shipping, 50% off second purchase, 30% off all bags? I'm not sure yet.

No comments: