27 October 2009

exciting places

Last year I celebrated my first anniversary in the Dirt Hole. I spent a majority of the day at Wally Martinos. In keeping with my odd tradition, I am once again located somewhat in the middle of nowhere and once again I went to a Walmart today. However, this time it was not to buy my husband a present (or another present, which was the case). This time it was to buy things the two room flat he's living in currently lacked.

At first, upon my arrival here in southern Oklahoma where he is doing the final leg of his training before we ship off to Alaska, I was appalled at the little flat they gave him to live in. However, after spending two days here I have come to realize it is not that bad. The bed is bad, but the rooms themselves would seem spacial to someone say in New York City. The bathroom is good sized and the closet is large. The bed still sucks and the kitchen sink is too small for the facet its got, but other than that its fine.

I am currently planning my winter line. I created a new purse design before I left to come here and am currently carrying it. With the exception that the strap is way to long, the bag is great. It is a large hobo type of bag. Pretty cool. I bought some plaid print corduroy and wound up using it for the prototype, as I usually carry the prototypes and I like plaid. The bag actually turned out better than I expected, well except I over judged the strap length. I wound up making a smaller version of the bag with the remaining material and was really pleased with the result. I have been making the drop on the bags I've been working on recently a lot longer to be able to wear over winter coats and such, but the strap on this new hobo is just a little long. Well, unless you want to throw it over your body like a messenger bag, which it works well for, especially in airports. I am thinking of calling the bag the Dublin Hobo and hopefully, once I arrive back home, I'll get cracking on making more! (If my mother isn't quilting up a storm again, lol.)

Now, while I am here, Halloween is going to happen. My puppy, Basil Dog, is at home with my parents. She, due to her barking at doorbells and simply freaking out at the people on the other side of the door, is going to have to spend the evening in the basement, as we live on a very popular street for trick o treaters. I did, though, buy Basil Dog a costume, even though she will not wear it as my mother won't put it on her. She'll wear it for Thanksgiving.

No comments: