21 October 2009

trying to get ahead

I've been sewing up a storm these past few days (when I haven't been filling in a large hole with rocks). I went out and bought winter material. I cannot wait to start on the new designs! We'll see how that goes. The winter material is a mix of winter patterns and what I deem as winter like colors (reds, blues and greens).

I ordered more makeup from Sephora. I did this for an array of reasons. One, I needed a new foundation. Two, I didn't feel like leaving the house.

I needed a new foundation. So I ordered Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer. I searched for days until I decided on it. I have really pale skin (especially since I left the Dirt Hole and am no longer assaulted by the sun daily) so finding a color is hard for me. Why? Because none are "pale" enough. I had my makeup done at the Dior counter once and they lady simply couldn't find a shade pale enough for me and I looked orange when I left (I also had about a gallon of mascara on, but I digress). So, I am always sort of iffy when buying new foundation. However, this stuff is AWESOME. Seriously. It totally rocks. It is sheer, but has enough coverage to cover up my flaws. Perfecto!

I also ordered Two Face's Natural Eye kit. It is also awesome. I've worn it almost every day. I usually opt for the Day eye, but have tested out the Classic. I've worn only one shade of the Fashion line up, but it is glitter crazy for night time, and I'm just not into glitter. But the Day eye is all matte, totally cool. I'm all ready looking into getting more of the Two Face palettes because they are just such a great deal.

The other things that came with my order were samples. I chose three, one was a face wash, one was a purfume sample and the other was another foundation that I had considered. The face wash, Fresh Soy Face Clenser To Go, rocked. I totally want to abanonded the face care line I've used the past three years for this one, but I can't bring myself to pay 15 bucks for some soap. The other sample, the perfume sample, totally won me over. It was Michael Kors Very Hollywood. Man, does it smell good. And I think it lasts all day (Unless you go into Victoria Secret and spend an hour wandering the store while they are pumping in their new sent Amber Velvet or what not).

I also went to the Sephora store in JCPenny's to buy blush. I didn't like the colors I had, so I wanted something new. I got new. I walked in, got HELPED right away and told the lady what I wanted. She did not try to overtly sell me anything I did not want and I was out of there in ten minutes smiling with my small bag of Sephora brand blush (which was where she found me, she didnt' try to sell me an expensive one, just the Sephora brand) and another perfume sample, this one for Gucci Flora. I wore it the day after I got it. Basil Dog sniffed me all day. I guess she liked it?

Well, that is all the makeup reviews I have for the moment.

No comments: