17 September 2009

Life getting in order

So, last night I began to read a guide book I got for my husband on Alaska and the highway we must use to get there.

And I freaked out a bit more. I did find the section of traveling with pets helpful, but most of the information is geared to the summer traveler, not those of us insane enough to travel in the winter (which if I had my way we'd wait till MAY to go, but guess what, the military has other ideas. Who tells someone to report to Alaska in February?)

I guess I need to do further research on the topic.

In purse news:

Been working on the fall line. I've got this 5 year old laptop named Jess that I use to run my shop. Jess, recently, decided he hates Photoshop. Thus, it is hard to edit pictures of the purses. This has hindered me greatly in my quest to update the fall line. (What has also hindered me is that I failed to realize the scope of my mother's quilting quest.) The other day I finally asked my dad if it was okay if I used his computer (Dellbert, yes we are strange in my family) to crop and resize my images. I had tried my mom's Mac, but her iPhoto doesn't allow me to resize the image. I can crop it to my heart's content and do everything else, but resizing isn't an option. This makes me sad. But, anyways, so I went up to the office the other day to use the computer. It was off, so I turned it on and then realized the screen wasn't on. There is no clear POWER button. The first one I hit did nothing and I was unwilling to hit more buttons for fear of screwing the screen up and incurring the wrath of Dad. I sat for a moment then realized my brother was at work.

So I picked up my camera and went into my old room, now my brother's Man Cave and room while I live here for the time being. I sat down at his computer and plugged in the camera to the UBS port on his screen.

Nothing happened.

I opened Photoshop (he's got the whole Abode suite. I hate him).

Nothing from the camera.

So I used one of the USB ports on the actual computer and WHALA! It worked.

And I breezed through what I needed to do in half the time it takes me to do the same work on Jess. Man, when you've got a new computer...Photoshop works wonders.

I then took the images back to Jess and spent almost a half hour adding a new purse to my shop. Part of this was due to the fact I forgot to mesure the purses, so I had to go do that, the other is that Jess is old (he's like super old in computer years) and the internet here is sort of whacky at times. You'd think living in a major metro area you'd have good internet, but ours has a mind of its own. The internet in the Dirt Hole got slow around the time work let out and everyone went home to surf the internet, but here it'll do it randomly in the middle of the day.

Anyways, the fall line is up and running. I'm going to expand into teacher bags! Basically large tote bags. I've got all these teacher friends, so I might as well use them. lol. My aunt also suggested I do dialysis bags. She has to go to dialysis regularally and always seems to need a bag for her stuff. Which is a good idea. New market! She said she'd have my uncle email the specs for the right size. I am uber excited. I really want to sell some purses so I can buy more fall cloth. The Hobby Lobby here has the best prints in the world. I see purses everywhere!

Well, I'm going to go be productive today.

No comments: