20 September 2009

it all just got away from tony romo

So today, whilst watching football, I saw a commercial about GM. I had seen the same commercial a few days before, but I had forgotten about it. It is the commercial staring the new CEO of GM.

The first time I saw the commercial, I had to roll it back to make sure I had heard correctly.

I had heard correctly.

Ed Whitcare is the new CEO of GM.

Ed is back, back again, Ed is back tell some friends.

Now, why do I know who Ed is? I know who Ed is because he terrorized my family for awhile. And by terrorize I mean he drove AT&T stock into the ground, expanded the company too fast to the point it was much too large for its own good, and took away all employee benefits or limited them to the point where they were almost pointless. After Ed entered our lives, when SBC bought out Ameritech...it was pretty much all down hill from there. My senior year of college, I randomly decided I could do Ed's job better so I proclaimed I was going to become the CEO of SBC. Or AT&T.

I also concluded Ed as plotting against me, so everything that went wrong in my life, or in the world in general, was Ed's fault. Ed was plotting against the world.

And then he left. He left and left Randy in charge and Randy moved the company to Dallas from San Antonio, where Ed had moved it from St. Louis after Ed was told he couldn't play golf somewhere because he wasn't old school St. Louis. So he went where he was old school, San Antonio. We'll see how long he lasts in Detroit, before GM moves to San Antonio, though the government might not let him do that...

My brother just informed me I'm a week behind in my news. So what? I finally remembered to tell the internet world this random information.

No comments: