03 December 2008

it is that time of year

I have been listening to the same Christmas music since I was about fifteen or so. I know, lame, but it is true. The bulk of my Christmas music comes from 'N Sync and 98 Degrees. I only have 98 Degrees because I drove my parents nuts listening to the 'N Sync CD nonstop for almost three weeks straight or something insane like that. To save themselves, they bought 98 Degrees. I am not sure why they did this, as I was never a big 98 Degrees fan or any sort, but I enjoyed it none the less and added it to the Christmas rotation.

Also, I stole a few CDs from my dad, one being the Barbra Streisand CD. I know, weird right? But it gets weirder. I stole it when I was maybe ten or so. I listened to it, along with the Disney CD and the "fun songs" Christmas CD, which we got simply because it had "I'm Getting Nothin' For Christmas" on it. When I got into 'N Sync and boy bands, I kept Babs, but got rid of Disney. To this day, I do not know where Mickey and Friends are. I added the "fun songs" back into the rotation due to the fact I needed something other than boy bands and...The OC Chrismakka CD, which I got for Christmas whilst in Scotland. It only has 12 songs, so I needed to pad out my selection during my working days. I had a 45 minute drive, and boy bands wore me thin after a week. I had added a few free songs off of iTunes since this time, but not many. I have many copies of "O Holy Night" as I adore that song, along with my all time fav, "First Noel." I am not sure why I enjoy those, other than I enjoy singing along with them.

I married a man who has a birthday a few days before Christmas, so he likes to be a kurmudgen and not do anything Christmas like before his birthday. So to annoy him, I listen to Christmas music year round. Due to this, I realized I need to expand yet again my collection of Christmas music, as it is limited. However, I have no idea where to begin. There is just so much. I do not have any all time fav artist I want to have a Christmas album from, so I am not sure what to do. Also, I live in a dirt hole, so the only place to buy CDs is Wal-Mart. Not that I'm into buying CDs, but I always find it helpful when I am at a loss on what to do, I need to be able to hold things and look at them. Surfing iTunes or Amazon leaves me befuddled and confused. Or buying too much, or buying stuff I later decide I'm not too crazy about. Like Christina's "O Holy Night." While I adore the song, I'm not totally crazy about hers, or that Hanson track I bought. I don't even like Hanson, but they covered "O Holy Night" and "First Noel" I think in one song! What could be wrong with that?!

Well, it was Hanson, and I forgot for a moment, crazed by Christmas music, that I'm not their biggest fan. Oh well. We will see what to do on a later date.

No comments: