11 December 2008

an entertaining reprieve

I finally went to see Twilight last night with two others, one of which had all ready seen it. The one who had seen it said that she liked it better the second time, the other said she wasn't disappointed because she knew she wouldn't like it. It seems she was like I and knew it was bad but just had to look.

However comma, I liked it. I mean, maybe I liked it because of all I had read on it? Maybe because I had read the movie in 15 minute by Cleolinda? Maybe because I hated certain parts of the book so badly that I was thrilled that they were MIA from the movie? I am not sure, but here is what I really enjoyed:

1. There was some Bella narrating, but I did not have to listen to 300 pages of how gorgeous, beautiful, lovely, stunning, dazzling, etc Edward was. I think I only remember her saying it once, and that was to his face.

2. PLOT SHOWED UP EARLY! Yeah, you know, the plot with those three EVIL vampires? Yeah, they showed up early! They had a back story! Oh, how exciting!

3. Edward...oh, he was actually wonderfully played by Robert Pattinson. (Or whatever his name is...). The way he was played was wonderful, the way Edward should be played. And in all honesty, seeing I hate Bella in the books, I had no probelm with Kristen Stewarts performance. She played Bella how I figured Bella would behave. Bella is sort of a stone, lacks much personality, and has nice hair. She brooeded well and played the sappy parts quite well. I heard from one of the girls that the other movie she had been in, she played that character the same way she played Bella. Oh well. So, she can't act? Nor can Bella.

4. The music was brilliant. Seriously, the music they put with each secne was perfect. I got goosebumps and the jumping insides all at the right moments.

5. I felt that the "relationship" and falling in love with Edward was a little more "developed" in the movie than the book. That was my major probelm with the book. WHAM BAM I LOVE YOU! In the movie it was more, Uh, why do you hate me? I don't hate you. Yes you do. I should hate you, I want to eat you. You're strange. We should be friends. Okay. Whatever. But I want to. Yeah, me too. Oh, you saved me. Okay, I'll take you home now. Wow you're strong and fast! I'm a killer, but look great in my James Dean outfit. Hey, let's hang out more, do you want to go to the beach? Uh, no...don't do that beach. Okay, I'll find out why. That's nice, have fun and don't die! Hey, its that Native American kid I met when I got here, let's get him to tell me something of value! Oh, what are you doing, Bella? Nothing, but I'll go to the bookstore and almost get attack by some bad, drunk boys. But I will save you in my hatchback volvo! YAY! I know, I am protecive of you. That is nice. Yeah, I hear people's thoughts, but not yours. Am I strange? No. I am. Okay. I thinkI love you. That is nice. I will read this book and surf the internet for answers. I love you, so I will follow you to the forest after you give me that evil look. I know what you are. SAY IT! Vampire bicha! Yeah, you got me, I sparkle. I love you. Okay, yeah, I love you too. Let's hang out and talk a lot and have nice sence of forsts and trees! Sounds good to me.

6. See, that was like half the movie!

7. Roselia had a bootie. That bothered me. Jasper's hair also bothered me, as did Carlise. What is with the blonde?!

8. Anyways, I enjoyed the movie for what it was. I was not expecting too much, maybe that was why I liked it?

No comments: