15 August 2008

dreams, we all have draems

This morning, after my husband rolled out of bed at 5.30 am, I fell asleep and had a dream where I was making an white eyelet dress lined with light yellow and I was packing to leave a house that was to be oxidized. My husband failed to pack any of his clothes and I yelled at him. He did not seem to care that his clothes were to be oxidized with the house, but a bunch of people I knew from high school and college cared. I then got stuck in the trap door in the bed and had to be helped out by James Earl Jones and this old lady I used to work with.

I tell this story to illustrate how my mind works. I believe dreams your head bothers to remember are important for some reason, even if it seems there is no meaning behind it. My husband would not fully pack items before a move (I know this from experience) but I have no idea why a house must be oxidized, nor do I understand why James Earl Jones was in my dream. Other than he sort of went with the old house me, my husband, and all these random people were living in.

The dress is the real thing that sticks with me because I want a dress like that. I have a pattern, I just don't know to make a lined dress, let alone a dress. I am willing to try. Sewing is one of the skill I plan to hone in the dirt hole here. This is hindered though because there are no fabric stores save Walmart in the dirt hole. This is horridly tragic for a multitude of reasons. I am contemplating ordering some clothe off the internet, but am at a loss for what website to use. I think I might go to Walmart and see if they have any eyelet fabric and thin light yellow cotton. Who know? Walmart might surprise me?

The other day I saw Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 at the movie theater here for 2.50. I fell in love with Lena's clothes in that movie, sort of like I fell in love with the actress that plays her in Gilmore Girls. For almost two years I've aspired to have that girls hair cut. I finally gave up about five months ago. Just tossed the towel in and chopped it off. I now and contemplating trying to sew certain pieces similar to what Lena had in the movie. This might require a trip to a bigger civilization (or civilization in general) to get cloth, but I think I have the time to do this project.

The movie itself was good as well. I am not a HUGE fan of movies based on books that I like for a wide array of reasons. I think I screamed at the first three Harry Potter movies and I wasn't too thrilled with the first Sisterhood movie, as I thought the actress (even though I like her) for Lena was all wrong. Alexis Bledel does not look Greek, I am sorry. Though, I guess that is the point of Lena, she doesn't look Greek. I digress though, this movie I actually liked, even with all the analysis I was doing throughout the movie. It was actually a nice way of pulling the last three books into one movie. Some of the things done in the movie were pretty darn funny, though my favorite part was when Tibby fell off the donkey and then walked into the courtyard and announced "I just fell off a donkey (looks at the three other girls who stare at her) Are we having fun yet?" It was well worth the 2.50 I paid to see it.

During the previews, I finally saw the Twilight preview. Least to say, I'm not overly excited for it, but then you know my feelings about those books. I might be willing to put down 2.50 to see the movie, but I was not impressed with what I saw in the least. Maybe it will be a totally awesome stand alone movie? The tragic thing about the series is that is has potential. The story line has it, the characters have it...it just all falls down and goes boom in teen angst and a lead character that has very few redeeming qualities. I wanted to snicker through out the whole preview, but I had no one to snicker to who knew the depths of my snickers towards the books. The series has those fans that are rabid about it, and then fans who just enjoy it and you have to be careful of the rabid fans.

I think I know what truly bothered me about the Twilight preview: Edward. He doesn't look right. That actor from the Harry Potter movie looks right to be Cedric, but not Edward. He's missing something...Bella looks right (even though I have always picture as a blond, but blame Days of Our Lives for that one...) Anyways, I guess it would be hard to find a guy who was gorgeous, perfect, beautiful, had bronze hair and was as pale as one could possibly be. I think that guy only exists in the world of fiction and dreams.

No comments: