15 August 2010

Lumpy Head Blues

I have a lump on my head from where the airplane fell on me. It makes me kind of grumpy.

I made super dark chocolate brownies. They aren't very pretty, so there are no pictures. They do taste rather good. I might try them again.

I feel like I am out of touch with the world. I'm not sure why. I get this way sometimes. Mostly after I had dreams containing a girl with long curly hair. It is kind of strange, as sometimes it feels like it is totally normal to be completely out of touch.

I took Basil Bea for a walk this morning and it was the strangest thing. I walked out the door and it felt muggy and hot outside. I had to think for a moment where I was. I was in Alaska, as I was pretty sure I had not teleported myself elsewhere. I walked the dog and we both came home and collasped.

"This is like our walks in the Dirt Hole, Dog," I informed her.
Basil Bea fell over on the tile and panted.
"I can't remember the last time I sweat this much when I wasn't attempting to run like a moron," I went on.
Basil dunked her head in her water bowl.
"I think my bra is sticking to me. I did not miss this. Why does the weather channel think it is only 57 out there?"
Basil pulled her head out of her water bowl and fell over on the tile again.
"I'm going to go upstairs."
Basil followed and sat in front of the fan.

Later, after I had showered and was in shorts and a tank, I realized I was freezing.

"Basil, why am I cold?"
Basil stared at me and curled into a tight ball in her cage. She was cold too.

The sun had gone away and it was cloudy. And cold.

No comments: