26 August 2010

The Continuing Adventures of Basil the Shedder

Basil sheds a lot. I spend a great deal of time vacuuming up after the fur that doesn't seem to like here and jumps off to hang out on the floor. I can't keep up, due to the fact the sun came out and it warmed up and thus the hair is leaping off the dog at leaps and bounds. I just looked in the bed she has taken to sleeping in, and there are huge clumps of hair in there and I just cleaned it out on Friday. A week later there is another dog worth of hair in there. It is like I'm in the dirt hole again.

Basil Bea and I have been enjoying the sun shine though, Basil more than me. I'm a rain and cloud gal, Basil is a sun puppy. She worships the sun. Its good she has fur, or she's go through gallons of sun screen.

In other news, to fix my teeth will cost some 5,000 bucks. Whoo hoo! I wish I had piles of money to toss around. Then maybe I'd feel better. The number freaked me out so much, I drove over to the fancy building the Anchorage School District is located in and got a sub packet. They totally mean business here. There are like 110 things I have to do and they want professional things too. I can't remember the last time I was professional. Oh, wait, I do. 2006. I don't think I can write a rec for myself, since I have been pretty much working for myself (admit badly) for the past three years. My husband pointed out I don't know how to make a profit or really have the head for business, I'm too nice. This is true. I am too nice, which was why after I spent a year telling everyone I was going to be the CEO of AT&T I realized that was stupid. I wasn't driven enough to be a CEO. Technically, I am a CEO and I'm not very good at it. Trust me, I know I am not good. I know, while running something like Ireland Scott, I need to be nice to a certain degree, as that is how you get loyal customers, but, well, customer service isn't a strong point at AT&T. They are a large, greedy corporation, thus they make the big bucks while I loose tiny bucks. I don't really care, as I am mostly doing ISD to amuse myself and be able to share something with people. I love purses, but I only have two shoulders.

That is it. Other than Basil Bea is sleeping in her won hair, as I didn't clean the bed out after I noticed it was caked in fur. No wonder she smells. That and she licks herself all the time.

No comments: