03 August 2009

remembering ragnar

This past Friday I learned I will be leaving the Dirt Hole for....the state you can see Russia from! This excites me to no end for various reasons, though I did not know how excited I was until I screamed and threw up my arms when the annoucement was made.

In public.

I screamed and pumped my arms in the air in public.

This is not normal behavior for me in the least.

I was confused after I realized I had acted this way.

So, due to all the hub bub on the forums as of late (i lurk usually), I decided to research what I'll need once I arrive.

Alaska doesn't have sales tax.

Guess how much MORE I love Alaska?

Of course, I might be spending 4 months in Chicago, which I know charges sales tax. I also know IL is a pain in the butt for most "government" type things. I guess I'll figure that out when I get to that road block.

But Alaska! Seriously!

My husband claims this is the last time he will get his first choice more than likely for anything, as he's managed to do it so far in his career.

In other news:

The guest room is set up! R said it looked really good for what I had to work with, so I love it.

R also left me. :( She told me since I am going to Alaska she'd come see me. I hope to get some $$$ together to go see her, as I have never been to our first state.

Basil Dog is a brat. She was over excited about the prospect of three dogs in the house, thus cried, whined and attempted to throw up when she should have been sleeping. She kept me up all night. After I was worn out from the excitment of the day. She's been sort of confused these past two days, especially since the guest room still reeks of the two other dogs. lol. She gets up on the bed and just sniffs it. I imagine if the bed was made of glass, it'd be covered in ever inch with nose smudges.

I accidently cleaned the mirrors in the bathroom with shower cleaner. I think I will do this from now on, as they do not get cloudy and more and there was no streaks. Amazing.

No comments: