31 August 2009

halfway across the world

i have left the dirt hole. I repeat, I have left the dirt hole.

For good.

There was a lot of drama in getting out of the dirt hole, but I am currently living in an area fully of things, people, cars, leaves, green and cold air. Basically, I am in heaven. Summer in the area my family is from hasn't been so summer like, more fall like. Today had a real fall feeling to it, other than the lack of color other than green.

My dog, Miss Basil Dog herself, seems to enjoy it here. She's happy to be surrounded by so many playmates (ie, my family) as well as the cool air. There are lots more things to bark at here than in the dirt hole and a lot more places to run around the house. All in all, she's one happy puppy.

I am still in the process of getting my shop back up and running. It is taking longer than expected for a few reasons. One only being the state paper work to charge sales tax, the other being my Hell Week of Fleeing from The Dirt Hole. I am utterly exhausted and sleeping on an expensive futon mattress my brother managed to dent with his butt.

Yeah, you read that right.

Last night saw me moving to the other side without the dent for the first time and ramming my knee into the wall one too many times, reminding why I slept in the hole for so long.

So, today I moved the bed. No one in my family seemed to believe I had managed to move it on my own. They all think it is heavy. I must be stronger than I know of, as I had little trouble moving it once I started using my legs. Maybe all that time I spent in the gym was worth it?

I am only part way to where I need to be in February, but in the end...hopefully it will all be worth it. Hopefully. Alaska better be pretty.

No comments: