08 February 2009

trying to be something it is not

This past weekend I ventured out of the dirt hole and went to a city and then another smaller town near this city. This town is everything the dirt hole wishes it could be but fails at life trying to be so. The dirt hole tries to keep businesses out of the city in order to keep its "small town feeling."

I don't think anyone who makes these decisions has ever been to a small town before. 30,000 people is not a small town. Once you have that many people, just give up the small town thing and embrace the fact you've managed to trap that many people in the dirt hole.

Another thing, small town usually have businesses they want to protect, you know, local businesses that other big stores would kill. Dirt hole doesn't have any of these for the most parts as they have all ready successfully managed to kill these places. They are also managing to kill their own mall, as I think the mall has maybe two stores now, all others have left. Look up the Beloit Mall. The Dirt hole mall will soon be just like it. Once the stores go, people will stop coming here to shop (except the Mexicans that go to Walmart for unknown reaons). They will get in their respective cars and drive three hours. Just like I did this past weekend. You lost my sales tax money because I LEFT.

This past weekend I watched Pearl Harbor. My husband is unsure why Alec Baldwin is a bad American, as someone made a comment they he should not have been playing the role that he was playing. I'm not sure why Alec Baldwin is a bad American? Because he yelled at his kid? I looked it up on Google News and just got that Alec Baldwin is an alien. That must be it. Unless I have been living under a rock for so long something else happened that I missed, which I am sure is exactly what happened. I'm just really curious about this bad American thing.

Oh well.

Dirt hole sucks. That is all.

No comments: