02 February 2009

Couch Launching

Last year's Superbowl, our friend A lunched himself off our couch at the end of the game as the Patriots lost. I have never seen a man launch himself off a couch such as A did that evening a year ago. I was really happy the Patriots lost, as I hate them for some unknown reason. I would have more than likely have launched myself along with A off the couch if I had known A better, but I had only met him a few weeks before and had yet to allow him to see me do stupid things.

This year, no one launched themselves off the couch, as in reality, none of us truly cared about either team that was playing. The only thing launched was Basil Dog, who launched herself on the couch at R once she re-entered the house after the game.

The Superbowl was a let down for many reasons. There were not a great deal of great plays. There were also a clear lack of really good commercials. My favorite one was the Millier High Life commercial, which was less than a second long and had the High Life guy just yelling HIGH LIFE! Earlier in the day, we had seen a commerical for Miller High Life, with the guy figuring out how much a second of air time duirng the Superbowl would cost and he could get his point across in a second. He did. He rules. If I drank beer, I'd drink Miller just for that one second commerical. The 3-D commericals were lost on us in the dirt hole, due to the fact I never saw the display that was supposed to be selling the glasses (or giving them away?) here in Dirt Hole central. No one else I was with had any idea what I was talking about with the 3-D commerical and glasses. No one believed me because there was a clear lack of red and blue swiggle lines all over the place.

When the Superbowl ended, that was all it did: end. I came home, gave Basil Dog water and cut my husband's hair and then we went to bed. I then had a dream that I had tickets to London, but was worried they wouldn't let me go because my passport had the wrong name on it. Evelyn called to have wine when I got to London and I freaked out and could not fit everything in my suitcases. I woke up before I reached customs.

No comments: