06 September 2016

First Day of School

Today EMO started preschool. I had to wake her up, as today she decided she wanted to sleep in. She was a little befuddled when I dressed her shortly after waking her, but she went with it. While I got ready, she ate her blueberries and drank some of her milk. While we've been telling her she's going to school, today she seemed to understand that today was the day she'd get to go. She was super excited.

Upon arriving, my daughter said, "Go, Mama, go!" She made a shooing motion, so her dad and I left.

I had two and a half hours to myself. Pilot Boy told me I should take this time to clean the house. I glared at him as he whisked himself off to work. Instead, I downloaded the photos I took before we left, edited them, and sent one of the less blurry ones to my family. After this was done, I still had two hours left, so I was like, "Ugh. Fine. I'll clean."

So, I cleaned up the family room, reorganized things, and realized how many bikes/riding thing my daughter has (four). It was really enjoyable to sit in the quiet house and have it be clean. I could see the couches, the floor, and the carpets were vacuumed and there were no fur-tumbleweeds blowing around.

It was so enjoyable, I almost did in fact forget to go get her.

Pilot Boy send me a text at about ten reminding me to get her. I joked that I'd forgotten I had a daughter, thanks for reminding me.

Somehow, forty five minutes flew by and as I was like, "Oh, I should go get her." Then I looked at my watched and realized I was late.

I hurried over to the school, stood in line, and was greeted by my daughter saying, "Mama, you came back!"

This is how she always greets me when I've been gone for an extended period, be it I ran off to do errands or she was asleep. Sometimes, all I have to do is be in the other room and she greets me as if she wasn't really aware I'd come back from where ever I was, even though I tell her I'll be right back.

When I go to get her from her nap, she will say to me: You came back!

Just like she greeted me this morning when I woke her up. And when I came to get her at school. And when I came back from the bathroom.

No comments: