21 June 2010

In the Land of Midnight Sun

Its cloudy.

It is the longest day of the year and it is CLOUDY.It was brilliantly sunny all day. I woke up at 5 am this morning and thought it was 9 am.

But, not it is cloudy. No sun. There is just something wrong with that. One's first Alaskan first day of summer is supposed to be sunny.
Instead I get this:Not the best picture, but at least you can see the camera in the window.
Oh well. The sun just stayed out long enough to heat my house up, though now that it is gone, the air should cool down so I can blow some cold in before I go to bed.

Living here in the summer is just odd. I'm not sure how to really explain it, but you never know what time it is, because the sun never sets and it always looks like the middle of the day most of the day. I did not fully understand this till I went six hours without a clock. I was in a building for 6 hours without a clock and when I left I thought it was maybe nine pm at night. I got in the car and it was almost midnight. MIDNIGHT.
After our heat wave (when I last updated) it cooled down a lot and I had to TURN ON THE HEAT. It was a few days before I realized I was freezing to death in my own home. In June.

Today, I got a logo for Ireland Scott Designs. It hit me rather randomly (like most things) while I was looking at stamps. I was searching for a purse stamp to add to the business cards I got for free off of Moo when I saw it: a Scottie stamp. A DOG! It was perfect. So I added the stamp to the business cards and then the new labels I made. Then I revamped all the other images. I, however, never did finish the purse I have been attempting to finish for the past two days. I was going to do it tonight, thinking the sun would be at full force until at least 11, but alas, it is not because it is cloudy. I sat with the shade closed all day to keep the heat out of the room, and now I open it for some light and all I get is a cloudy sky. Oi. There, some sunlight over that way. I know that sun is still out.

No comments: