02 June 2010

Baking in Alaska

A heat wave has hit Alaska, and Basil Bea and I have been baking in our own home, which does not have a/c, because who needs a/c in Alaska? Well, the sun is totally intense, so I have been shut into the house for almost a week now. Yesterday it finally rained and was cool enough for me to really get to work in the sewing room. In a few days I will go out and buy a new camera, so new purses will begin to appear in the shop.

I have been working on clutches. Yesterday's did not go too well. I wanted to make a small draw string bag like the one the tank tops I ordered from Victoria Secret came in. The first two tries did not work in the least, so today I might try again or just work on purses I know will work. I still have to figure out where to take pictures. Now that I am in my own home, I can use the wonderful kitchen table again. Though, I am totally in love with the purple wall in the sewing room. Not sure where to use the purple wall, as the sewing room is always a mess. Total mess.

Well, that is all. The dog and I just went for a walk and I did some yoga. I am starving but its only 11 am. For some odd reason I feel that is too early to eat lunch.

No comments: