22 March 2010

A Slow Alaskan Night

Tonight Pilot boy is working, so Basil Bea and I were on our own. Nothing remotely exciting happened and at 10.30 I find myself wide awake and bored. Basil Bea all ready went to bed. So, I opened a Twitter account (@IrelandScott). That only took up maybe ten minutes of my life.

So I turned on iTunes and fired up Doctor Who. A throw back to the winter days when Doctor Who ate my life and that was all I did: watch Doctor Who. It is highly addictive. I blame my mother. She gets me addicted to science fiction shows. First Star Trek: The Next Generation, then Stargate and now Doctor Who. Though, the only one who ate me alive was Doctor Who, but for that I blame the glasses and the suit. Oh, and the hair. I'm a sucker for crazy guy hair.

The weather here is pretty much remained the same since it "got warm." The snow has begun to melt away, revealing layers of compacted snow. It is like looking at rock formations. Layers and layers of varying shades of dirty snow. The whole place has reverted into a dirty, rocky mess. The roads are in varying states of disarray due to the rocks all over the road. Pebbles really, all over the place. Some parking lots are fine, void of pebbles while some are full of pebbles. Others have neither and are just icy sheets of mess. That is how the flat parking lot is. There is still at least five inches of ice on the parking lot. There are holes where one can see the actual parking lot. Pilot Boy and I had a bet on what the parking lot was made out of. Its asphalt. We were both wrong. He thought it was just rocks, while I figured it was paved with concrete.

I am pretty sure Basil Bea's days of snow swimming are numbered. She really sinks through now, except at night when the melting snow freezes. She actually broke through a muddle tonight. Man, that was funny. She was so surprised.

No comments: