04 June 2009

The hunt for the perfect lbd



Little Black Dresses.

It is said everyone should have one. It is said once you have one, you will always have a go to dress for all occasions.

I own a little black dress. I bought it over a year ago before I was condemned to this dirt hole. I have worn it once and felt really stupid in it. Since that time, I have never had an occasion to wear it again.

I could wear to an up coming event, but I have come to realize that the Little Black Dress I have (bought from Ann Taylor Loft Sale section) is actually a really crappy black dress that should not be worn when ones date is wearing a tux (a funny looking tux, but its a uniform tux...but its still a tux.) I really wanted to wear my wedding dress to this event (my wedding dress is actually a prom dress I bought at Macy's for under 200 dollars thinking, "This is perfect! I can wear it to the various (enter name) function's I'll be forced to go to!" I had not counted on the fact that two things would happen. 1) I'd suddenly put on weight for the first time in my life and 2) my boobs would grow two cup sizes. thus, not able to zip dress up.)

For the past two days I've been on a hunt for a formal dress to wear to this upcoming event. Living in the dirt hole, this hunt is hard pressed. Thus, I have turned my attentions online. At first I did not want a black dress, as my husband's "tux" thing is dark blue (please, do not call it navy blue you might end up dead), and I wanted to stand out against him (hence my thoughts to wear the ivory wedding/prom dress). However, after hunting for two days (and enlisting my mother's aid) I have come to the conclusion that I might just have to make do with a black dress. Most colors are either horrid looking or would look horrid on me. A lot of the dresses are not what I had in mind. A lot of the dresses have high front and backs. This is the sort of dress I was looking for when I was a sophomore going to homecoming!

Anyways, so after spending the day emailing with my mother about dresses, I have a few picked out.
The one at the left here is from White House/Black Market. I like that it is strapless and sort of swishy. Also, it is made out of silk, not polyester.

The dress at the right is made out of nylon. My husband claims it looks exactly like the other one. I think I like the first one more.






The last dress I am considering isn't a black dress at all, but one my mom sent me. It is not black, and it's got a high front. I figure instead of wearing a cool necklace, i could wear earrings that popped.

I don't know. I am at a loss.

No comments: