28 February 2011

Insert Something Here

Operation Jeans Day Three, Four, Five....

Day Three: Woke by Pilot Boy at 4.30. Was talked at by Pilot Boy at 5:20 am as he realized he had gotten up too early and didn't know what to do. Got up. Two hours later, fell asleep to the History Channel International and had strange dreams about moving grain silos and the Di Medici brothers. Woke up at nine am and had issues doing anything productive all day long. Felt like I was in a fog. Fell over.

Day Four: Woke up at nine. Decided not to exercise because I was going to clean house. Three hours later, I decided it was stupid of me to rearrange two rooms that day (guest room and family room). Moving heavy objects was my work out.

Day Five: did 20 minutes and felt very work outy.

There.

I updated.

I've had "Singin' In the Rain" in my head for days. More than likely because its sunny. After I watched the Oscars (the first time since college), I was like, "I'm going to watch Singin' In the Rain because I can." So I watched it and it was brilliant. Except that one part where Gene Kelly dances for like a half hour straight and it really has nothing to do with the movie. But this is a common feature of Gene Kelly movies. I think the worst one was in American in Paris. I seriously fell asleep during the half hour long dance monologue. The one in On The Town also kind of annoying, as it lacked anyone else from the movie and felt kind of odd. The only Gene Kelly Dance Monologue that did not annoy me was in "Summer Stock." It KINDA made sense in that movie. I didn't make it through The Pirate...I bet there was one in there. I mean, I think I made it through, but by the time I watched that one, I think when I realized it was a Gene Kelly Dance Monologue, I'd leave the room. Or go do something.  And For Me and My Gal...I don't think they'd discovered Gene Kelly Dance Monologues yet, as that was his first movie and Judy Garland was the star of that. Not Gene Kelly.

Fred Astaire movies never had these dumb dance monologues either. The dancing in his movies always seemed to FIT. Well, the one movies I actually watched that had Fred Astaire in it...Shall We Dance. I think that is the only movie I watched that had Fred in it last summer when I went through my old movie phase. I tapped Swing Time but I got bored. Like all the movies based off of "classic" books. I died a slow death when I watched Withering Heights. I don't think I made it to the end either. Like....that one with the kid....


Well, I am going to go check on my laundry and then go back to editing away my life.

No comments: